Many AEA members were busy making news this week at the annual EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wis., July 25-31. Some of the highlights included product announcements from the following:
- ASPEN AVIONICS announced its patent-pending line of Connected Panel products that seamlessly integrate aviation application data from personal handheld devices with certified avionics installed in an aircraft's panel. (see photo below)
- AVIDYNE CORP. introduced a full line of panel-mounted, plug-and-play avionics for general aviation aircraft. Avidyne's new avionics stack includes the IFD540 FMS/GPS/nav/comm system with touch screen user interface, the AMX240 stereo audio panel with marker beacon, the AXP340 Mode S extended squitter transponder and the attitude-based DFC90 digital autopilot.
- GARMIN has introduced the GTX 23 transponder as a lower-cost option for experimental aircraft or LSA to meet the rules. The new remote-mounted transponder will operate with Garmin's G3X flat glass display system found on experimental aircraft and used on LSA such as Cessna Skycatchers.
- JEPPESEN, a unit of Boeing Flight Services, now offers delivery of Express JeppView digital charting services through multiple platforms, including multi-function display (MFD) avionics systems such as Garmin, Avidyne and EuroAvionics and portable devices from Garmin and SOLIDFX.
- ROCKWELL COLLINS unveiled the industry's first touch-control primary flight displays for business jets and turboprop aircraft, which will be available on future applications of the company's Pro Line Fusion avionics system.
Aspen Connected Launch Partners
Front Row (left to right):
John Rutter, President, Seattle Avionics
Steve Podradchik, CEO, Seattle Avionics
Erik Murrey, CEO, AvConnect
Adam Houghton,Principal Developer, ForeFlight
Brad Hayden, VP of Marketing, Aspen Avionics
Scott Reagan, Director-OEM Client Management, Jeppesen
Mark Scheuer, President, PS Engineering
Back Row (left to right):
Kevin Gould, President, Bendix King
Mike Rowley, Vice President of Sales, Honeywell
John Uczekaj,President & CEO, Aspen Avionics
John Zimmerman, Vice President, Sporty's
Hal Shevers, Founder and Chairman, Sporty's
Tyson Weihs, Co-founder & Managing Director, ForeFlight
Jason Miller, Co-founder & Principal Developer ForeFlight
Tim Howard, Sr Manager-OEM Client Management, Jeppesen
Joe Polizzatto, President, JP Instruments
Eric Riyahi, Vice President, Parrot
Mike Morgan, President, Pinnacle Aerospace