Avionics News Celebrates 50 Years of History
Time often passes quickly when you’re having fun, but it’s hard to believe 2013 marks the 50th year of Avionics News magazine, a monthly publication of the Aircraft Electronics Association and the voice of the general aviation electronics industry.
What once served AEA members as a newsletter to assist members with their businesses has developed into the largest magazine in the general aviation industry dedicated to avionics.
Since its first issue was published more than 50 years ago, Avionics News has been the industry’s source for regulatory updates, technical articles, business news, legislative issues, new products and technologies, professional development, careers and much more.
Today, the majority of Avionics News readers are the owners, managers and technicians of Part 145 repair stations who sell, service and install avionics. They are in the position to recommend products to the end-users – their customers.
The January 2013 issue – volume 50, issue 1 – marks the beginning of a year-long celebration commemorating the extraordinary 50-year history of Avionics News. Throughout the year, Avionics News will look back with fondness and reflect on its grand history. With gratitude and appreciation for each of the publishers, editors and talented team of writers who have contributed to the magazine’s first half century, the Avionics News staff looks forward to serving its readers for the next 50 years and beyond.
Contacts For Your Questions:
- Do you have a question regarding editorial content in the magazine? Contact Geoff Hill, editor of Avionics News, at email@example.com.
- Do you want to place a display advertisement or classified ad, or receive a media kit? Contact Lauren McFarland, manager of marketing & advertising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have a questions regarding photographs or mechanicals for the magazine? Contact Jeff Kirchhoff, creative director, at email@example.com.
- Do you want a free domestic subscription to Avionics News? Contact Katie Ryser, circulation manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you want to submit a news release for consideration for publication in Avionics News? Send releases and high-resolution photographs (300 dpi jpegs) to email@example.com.