AEA Today (posted: May 22, 2015)
AEA Educational Foundation awards more than $125,000 in scholarships for 2015-16 academic year
LEE'S SUMMIT, MISSOURI, May 26, 2015 -- The Aircraft Electronics Association's Educational Foundation announced the names of 24 individuals who were awarded individual scholarships worth more than $125,000 for the 2015-16 academic year.
This year, the AEA was honored to administer the inaugural Marshall Temple Memorial Scholarship for the first time. Temple founded Temple Electronics, and his company has been an AEA member since 1974. He passed away Nov. 16, 2014, at the age of 85.
AEA scholarships and the individual recipients for the 2015-16 academic year include:
- Leon Harris/Les Nichols Memorial Scholarship to Spartan College of Aeronautics & Technology: Christopher Almanza, Forest Hill, Texas
- Tom Taylor Memorial Scholarship to Spartan College of Aeronautics & Technology: Zach Evans, Genoa City, Wisconsin
- Gogo Business Aviation Scholarship: Justin Hughes, Marshall, Michigan
- L-3 Aviation Products: Allison Donaghy, Wasilla, Alaska
- Lee Tarbox Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by Pacific Southwest Instruments: Benjamin Sieloff, Trenton, Michigan
- Field Aviation Scholarship: Jack Daley, Callander, Ontario, Canada; Ryan Daley, Callander, Ontario, Canada; Ming Chen, London, Ontario, Canada
- Duncan Aviation Scholarship: Dakota Holbrooks, Gilbert, Arizona
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Scholarship: Jonathan James, Duncanville, Texas
- Garmin Scholarship: Bryan Behm, Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
- Garmin - Jerry Smith Memorial Scholarship: Christian Salata, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Universal Avionics Systems Corp. Scholarship: Ed Kolb, Riverside, California
- The Stone Foundation Scholarship: Bryan Miller, Fort Worth, Texas
- Marshall Temple Memorial Scholarship: Rand Mills, Henefer, Utah
- David Arver Memorial Scholarship: Coryn Porter, Mount Kisco, New York
- Dutch & Ginger Arver Memorial Scholarship: Jarah Gordon, Jasper, Indiana
- Johnny Davis Memorial Scholarship: Phat Tran, Houston, Texas
- Gene Baker Memorial Scholarship: Michal Brauhn, Ottumwa, Iowa
- Jim Cook Honorary Scholarship: Madison Huntoon, Deland, Florida
- Chuck Peacock Memorial Scholarship: Nikolai Travis, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Chuck Freeland Memorial Scholarship: Sean Schafer, Fruita, Colorado; Donald Ballew, Denton, Texas
- Monte Mitchell Memorial Scholarship: Curtis Abrahamson, Grantville, Georgia
The AEA Educational Foundation awards scholarships to students pursuing a career in the general aviation maintenance and aircraft electronics industry. The intent of these scholarships is to identify and reward those individuals who best exemplify the qualities that lead to success in the aviation industry.
The Foundation was created in 1990 to enhance, promote and secure the future of aviation maintenance and the AEA by furthering the education of students, technicians, members of the AEA and others as determined by aviation industry needs.
Since its inception, the AEA scholarship program has awarded more than $1.5 million in scholarships. Numerous awards are available, ranging from $1,000 to more than $40,000 each. Requests for complete scholarship packages for the 2016-17 academic year can be made after Oct. 1, 2015, online at www.aea.net/scholarship.
For more information about the AEA Educational Foundation, contact Mike Adamson, the Foundation's executive director, at 816-347-8400.