COMPANY OVERVIEW: Symetrics Industries, a subsidiary of Extant Components Group, manufactures and supplies complex electronic assemblies to the DOD and international customers for military and commercial applications. The company offers digital communications solutions including a full line of Improved Data Modems (IDM) in various hardware form factors with optional imagery transmission capabilities, or as software-only versions; imagery solutions with a TVDS / DVR (Tactical Video Data Server / Digital Video Recorder); and an Electronic Warfare (EW) product line highlighted by the AN/ALE-47(V) Countermeasures Dispenser System (CMDS). Symetrics also provides licensing and obsolescence management services for legacy electronics systems. Symetrics has been manufacturing high reliability electronic assemblies and sophisticated EW and Communication systems of superior quality for over 50 years and is an FAA Part 21, FAA Part 145, ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100:2009 (Rev C) Certified Company. For additional information, please visit our website at www.symetrics.com
The Director of Programs leads a team responsible for program and customer account management. Key responsibilities include:
- Own the identification, development, and capture of business for Symetrics core products
- Plan, direct, and coordinate core product related programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programs and Customer Accounts
- Establishes and communicates a clear vision and cadence for the Programs team
- Leads Programs team to meet booking objectives, profit goals, sales targets and program requirements for core products
- Works with Programs team to establish customer and program pursuits for new business. Participates in development of sales, marketing and capture plans for core business. Manages execution of the plan against established metrics and provides course corrections as needed
- Directs or performs reviews of program proposals and/or plans to establish schedule, funding constraints, procedures for accomplishing program, and staffing requirements; leads and participates in program reviews to ensure programs progress on schedule and budget
- Confers with program and engineering personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Leads management of customer accounts for core products; to promote new business relationships, strengthen existing relationships, promote the Company’s business interests and, respond to customer requirements
- Directs or performs the identification, exploration and realization of strategic opportunities for partnering with other companies Emphasizes and promotes an understanding of the voice of the Customer; coordinates with other departments to drive the highest level of customer satisfaction, provide direction in the implementation of an integrated product delivery process, promote measures to enhance
product quality, increase production/delivery efficiency, reduce cycle time and support other continuous improvement initiatives
- Oversees the generation and execution of strategic business development plans, contract bids and proposals for core products
- Works with executive staff to generate annual operating plans and executive level presentations
- Directs the development of final pricing strategies on competitive business pursuits
- Represents the Company, as appropriate, in its relationship with business partners, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, and professional societies and similar groups.
- Supervises, leads, guides, and trains personnel performing related work; participates in the recruitment and hiring of employees and volunteers.
- Develops subordinates by mentoring, coaching and leadership by example.
- Track subordinates attendance, and approve/disapprove absence requests.
- After conferring with Management and/or Human Resources, carries out the company policies on employee discipline.
- Ensures the long term success of subordinates by identifying and addressing risks to longevity and satisfaction.
- Plans for and provides the appropriate tools and resources for subordinates.
- Abides by all Federal, State and Labor laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Director of Programs shall:
- Comply with the law and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct in decision-making and business relationships
- Be willing to participate in continuous process improvement, innovation and elimination of non-value added tasks
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and be accountable for achieving company new business award goals, contributing to overall business objectives and responding to customers’ needs
- Be able to lead, think strategically, set and achieve objectives, and influence organizational change
- Articulate the vision of the business and be capable of compelling the organization to embrace that vision
- Excellent communication skills are needed; the individual must be able to communicate effectively with others, including giving instructions, assignments, and training and must also be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred with 10-15 years related experience, including 5 years in a senior level management position in an aviation/aerospace focused business environment. A Master’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration is a plus. The individual must have demonstrated a complete understanding and proven ability in the area they manage, with a proven track record of program management and customer account development. Experience in the domain of Aerospace is a critical requirement. Experience with Commercial Aviation and Military/Defense Aerospace is a significant discriminator.
COMPUTER SKILLS: The individual will be working in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and Internet searches.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, able to handle stressful situations and multi-tasking, able to work under time constrains, long hours may be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets. Will work in normal office and manufacturing environments.
EOE/AA/Drug Free, VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Fax Resume to: Human Resources Fax: 321-308-4209 1615 W NASA Blvd Melbourne FL 32901 or visit the “Careers” tab on our Symetrics website: www.Symetrics.com
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability.