Basic Wiring & Avionics Installation
Course Dates: November 3-5, 2014
AEA International Headquarters (near Kansas City)
3570 N.E. Ralph Powell Road
Lee's Summit, Missouri 64064
AEA Regular Members: $549 per person
AEA Academic Members: $499 per person
Non-Members: $699 per person
The Basic Wiring & Avionics Installation course is designed for currently employed repair station
personnel, A&P mechanics, and others interested
in improving or acquiring the skills necessary
to perform avionics installations in general aviation
aircraft. This three-day seminar employs in-depth
theory and hands-on lab exercises to immerse the
seminar attendee in the best practices used to
plan, manage, and install a general aviation avionics
The “Basic Wiring & Avionics Installation” course is FAA-accepted for 26 hours toward
IA renewal training.
Hands-on installation lab includes:
GNS 530, GMA 340 and MD200-206CDI
SPECIAL NOTE: Navigation Systems Line Maintenance & Testing course and the Digital Databus Theory course is being held immediately after this course.
Register for all courses and SAVE $148!
Presented by: Azimuth Aerospace Solutions LLC - Bio
A course designed to provide the student with basic skills
and knowledge to design, develop, plan, and perform the
mechanical and electrical installation of a typical Garmin
- The students will perform a typical installation
of an avionics suite.
- Students will understand what is involved and how
to plan/manage an avionics installation.
- Students will gain an understanding of common installation
considerations, procedures, methods, and techniques
- Students will gain an understanding of common antenna
- Students will gain an understanding of transmission
line fabrication procedures and precautions
- Students will gain an understanding of specialized
installation tools and how to properly use them when
performing the mechanical and electrical installation
for a given avionics package.
- Students will gain an understanding of required
- Students will gain an understanding and perform
post installation check-out and testing.
Day 1 (8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Day 2 (8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- Installation planning
- Installation considerations, procedures, methods,
- Manufacturers instructions
- Basic wiring exercise
- Required installation tools and usage
- Avionics installation begins
- Antennas and transmission lines
- Transmission line fabrication and testing
- Avionics installation continues
Day 3 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Avionics installation concludes
- Functional testing
- Required documentation
attempt not to deviate from the above schedule will
be made; however, the AEA reserves the right to make
changes when necessary without notice. Please check
back often to ensure you have the latest schedule.
Hotel & Transportation
Current as of Tuesday, August 12, 2014