For the entry-level technician or those looking for basic training to learn how to perform pitot/static and transponder certifications. This course is recommended as a prerequisite to AEA’s Pitot/Static and Transponder Certification course. This two-day course provides the attendees with the history, theory of operation, system set-up, hands-on testing and troubleshooting skills necessary to perform FAR 91.411 and 91.413 checks. The latest equipment from DFW Instruments and Laversab will be used in the course.
Presented by: Pahan Ranasingha of Avionics Installations Inc.
- History and development of pitot/static.
- Pitot/Static system theory of operation.
- Basic Pitot/Static systems and instruments.
- Pitot/Static test set functionality and theory
- Pitot/Static test set interface to aircraft.
- Pitot/Static troubleshooting and repair.
- FAR 91.411 regulations and testing.
- Transponder history and product development.
- Transponder theory of operation.
- Transponder testing and troubleshooting.
- FAR 91.413 regulations and testing.
- ADS-B overview.
- ADS-B performance monitoring and testing.