FAA & Industry Avionics Rotorcraft Forum
Working with Industry to Enhance Safety in Rotorcraft through Cockpit Technology
March 26-27, 2014
As a vital participant in the rotorcraft industry, please save the dates of March 26-27, 2014, to attend a two-day forum to discuss the challenges and opportunities in the certification and installation of new avionics technologies in the rotorcraft market. The aim of the forum is to open the lines of communication between industry and the Rotorcraft Directorate.
The two-day event takes place at Tarrant County's Alliance Corporate Training Center Auditorium in Fort Worth, Texas.
This event is a continuation and follow-up on the three previous FAA & Industry Rotorcraft Forums.
The Forum Agenda will be finalized and available on March 1.
Those visiting Tarrant County College can refer to this PDF document for additional assistance.
Alliance Corporate Training Center
13600 Heritage Parkway - Suite 100
Fort Worth, TX 76177
|Wednesday, March 26
|9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
||Industry Only Session
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
||Working Lunch Sponsored by Airbus Helicopters, Inc.
|1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Welcome and opening remarks.
- Review and update of FAA/Industry initiatives (from 2012 meeting)
- Avionics Requirements of Helicopter Air Ambulance, Commercial Helicopter, and Part 91 Helicopter Operations Final Rule
- Partnership for Safety Plans and Project Specific Certification Plans
- NAAA Helicopter Operations and Safety Initiatives.
- Health Usage Management Systems (HUMS)
- NEXTGEN – meeting the 2020 mandate (and other installation challenges)
- SAIB: SW-10-43: Industry solutions to show compliance with 27/29.1309 and 29.1431 for both part 29 and part 27 IFR operations.
- Industry update on the NORSEE action item for industry to provide us with list of equipment, along with the justification for consideration as NORSEE.
- Industry update on AML STC use. Lessons learned.
- TCAS 1+
|Thursday, March 27
|8:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m.
- Issue Paper Process (Highlight Re-Use Issue Papers)
- Human Factors (HF) considerations for Rotorcraft
- FAA project updates/briefings
- FAA/Industry Review of FAA Order 8900.1 (Field Approval Job Aid) specific to rotorcraft avionics.
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
| 2:00 p.m.
Fill out the form below to reserve your spot as space is limited.